Maintaining the security of your data is a priority for Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (collectively, “Tyson,” “we” or “us”). Tyson is committed to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. This Privacy Notice applies to Tyson Foods Europe’s 2023 summer marketing campaign within Italy and the United Kingdom. This Privacy Notice applies to Tyson’s information practices for you to understand how personal data is collected, used, stored and disclosed. This Privacy Notice also describes your rights regarding the personal data we hold about you, including how you can exercise those rights.
WHO IS THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Under certain privacy laws, the “Controller” of your data is Tyson Foods Europe. We will only process your personal data according to this Privacy Notice unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal data that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive and processed for limited purposes.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an identified or identifiable living natural person or household. An ‘identifiable person’ is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person or other factors that can identify an individual.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
Tyson only processes your personal data as the law allows or requires or according to this Privacy Notice. We may collect the following categories of personal data from you. (Please note, not all categories may be collected about every individual):
- Personal Identifiers: first and last name, postal address, email address, IP address and phone number
- Employment Information: company name, job title
We may market to you if we have received your express consent to do so where we have collected your details in connection with this promotional campaign and you have agreed to receive marketing from us. We may send you marketing information per your request via email, SMS, post or otherwise about our products provided you have not opted out of receiving such marketing. We may use your information to form a view of what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products and offers may be relevant to you.
We also engage in online advertising. We may target advertisements to you when you are on other websites and applications. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and we use a range of advertising technologies, such as web beacons, pixel tags and flash objects. We also engage with specific services offered by some websites and social media platforms, such as Meta and Google. These third-party services may utilize cookies to record your interactions to target relevant advertisements to you across their networks.
HOW DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may disclose your personal data to the following for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice:
- Other members of our group of companies as necessary to facilitate our campaign program
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
We may also disclose your personal data to third party marketing partners, such as LinkedIn, Google or Meta (which owns Facebook and Instagram) to deliver advertising to you if you are using LinkedIn, Google or registered with one or more Meta social media platforms.
If you have an account with a Microsoft, Google or Meta platform and accept cookies on our website, your personal data may be shared with those companies or with other companies within their group of companies so they can serve tailored advertisements to you when you are using their platforms and apps. For certain processing activities, these third parties will be acting as a data controller and in some circumstances, as a joint controller with us. Further information about how these third parties process your personal data can be found in:
We may also disclose personal data to third parties on other lawful grounds, including:
- To comply with our legal obligations, including where necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, including, but not limited to, a subpoena, government audit or search warrant;
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities (including for tax, immigration, health and safety, national security or law enforcement purposes);
- As necessary to establish, manage, exercise, process or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation or asserting our legal rights;
- Complying with our legal obligations;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime or fraud (including working with law enforcement agencies);
- Where necessary to protect the vital interests of another person;
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business; or
- With your consent.
We may share and transfer your personal data for specific and definite purposes pursuant to the principles of lawfulness, fairness, necessity and good faith, and share and transfer the personal data to the extent necessary for the specific purposes you are informed of. If we share your personal data with recipients, where appropriate, we may use encryption, anonymization and other means as necessary and appropriate to ensure your personal data security. Before sharing or transferring your personal data, we will follow and adopt the applicable process and obligations required by the applicable law in respect of transfer of your personal data.
IS MY PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE OF MY HOME COUNTRY?
As we are a global company, your personal data may be processed by Tyson, its affiliates and other third parties described herein in countries other than the country of which you are a resident. Personal data may be sent to countries with different privacy laws than the country of your residence. Because the law in some of these countries does not provide the same level of protection, we implement appropriate safeguards and take measures to ensure adequate mechanisms are in place to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We have data transfer agreements in place, which are considered appropriate safeguards implementing approved Standard Contractual Clauses to secure the transfer of your personal data to other jurisdictions. You can receive further information about the data transfer agreement by referencing the contact information below.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security measures designed to secure your personal data against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. We also limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Except as required by applicable law or regulation or as needed in connection with legal action or an investigation, we will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, as required to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations, or as necessary to resolve disputes. Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, (provided that you have consented to receiving them) for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
HOW CAN I EXERCISE MY RIGHTS REGARDING MY PERSONAL DATA?
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes. Subject to limitations in applicable law, you may exercise specific rights you have to the personal data that we hold about you. Except as otherwise permitted by law, requests made regarding your personal information are free of charge.
Subject to the enforcement and limitations of applicable law, you generally may have a right to:
- Access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data.
- Understand the existence of, authorization or basis for and circumstances surrounding the processing of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data.
- Request information on automated processes where the personal data will or is likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting or will affect you.
- If we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Please note that under applicable law, Tyson may in good faith reject, or deny requests that are duplicative, excessive and/or repetitive. If we deny your request, we will explain the reasons in our response. We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights.
TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS OR IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS ABOUT TYSON’S PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA, PLEASE CONTACT US BY E-MAIL AT email@example.com
YOU MAY ALSO CONTACT US AT
Tyson Foods Europe BV
3521 AZ Utrecht
ANY SUCH COMMUNICATION MUST BE IN WRITING.
YOU CAN STOP RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES FROM US AT ANY TIME. YOU CAN DO THIS BY CLICKING UNSUBSCRIBE DIRECTLY IN EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS OR BY EMAILING DATA@TYSON-FOODS-EUROPE.COM. DATA WILL BE DELETED WITHIN SEVEN (7) BUSINESS DAYS.